Where do you even get f/t AFS rats what
My best guess would be that you’d have to find a local breeder and see if they could give you some f/t ones.
But from what I’ve seen the people that breed them do it soley for picky ball pythons. Like REALLY picky where the notion of them eating f/t at all isn’t considered a possibility.
I’ve also heard they’re mean little buggers to keep.
But yeah, I’ve always found it weird that there aren’t more sources for them f/t…
This company sells them frozen in bulk. We have used this company in the past and their rodents are very clean. We have only had good experiences with them.
However, I agree with the person above. We bred ASFs for one of our very picky eaters and that was a horrible mistake. They are mean, they have a habit of eating each other, they chew through pretty much anything but glass enclosures, and it can be hard to get a snake to eat anything else after it is fed an ASF.
After doing a little planning, we think these will be the pairings for next season. Plans will probably change slightly because they always do but it is fun to plan ahead anyway
- Banana X Cinnamon
- Clown X Hypo
- Clown X Albino
- Fire Spider Het Hypo X Hypo Pinstripe Mojave
- Mojave Het Hypo X Hypo Mojave
- Calico, Spotnose, Fire Spider Het Hypo X Cinnamon
- Fire Sugar X Pastel
- Banana X Pied
- Pastel Super Vanilla X Hypo
- Calico, Lesser, Black Pastel YB X Pastel Fire
- Black Pastel YB, Fire Sugar X Spotnose
- Super Pastel Spider X Enchi #1
- Super Pastel Spider, Banana X Normal
- Fire Spider Het Hypo X Pastel Hypo
- Black Pastel YB X YB
- RDR Lesser X Goldblush Mojave
- Clown X Axanthic
- Fire Sugar X Super Pastel Poss YB
- Super Pastel Spider X Pastel Axanthic
I suppose it is possible that the Lesser could have sired this clutch. I originally went with the Fire siring it because there were no Lessers but since the Dam was a Fire, that could account for the one Fire that hatched out. The odds were not in our favor for this one. We aren’t really disappointed though because the whole point was to shoot for a Super Fire or Lesser Fire in order to replace our single gene Fire but now we have two male Fire combos to replace him so it isn’t a big deal :)
Clutch Outcome: 1.0 Fire, 5.1 Normal